Pixelmator Gains Support for macOS Sierra Features, MacBook Pro Touch Bar – mytutorials.xyz
Popular Mac image editing app Pixelmator today received a major update that incorporates many features included in macOS Sierra and introduces support for the Touch Bar on the new MacBook Pro.
With macOS Sierra compatibility, Pixelmator supports tabs, so multiple windows can be combined for easier management, and it includes the Universal Clipboard feature introduced in Sierra, allowing for cross-device copy paste.
Pixelmator now works with P3 wide color gamut, so you’ll see brighter, more vibrant colors when using the app with the new MacBook Pro or one of the new LG 4K or 5K displays. Most importantly, this version of Pixelmator includes support for the MacBook Pro’s Touch Bar.
End users won’t be able to access Touch Bar features until the first MacBook Pro orders begin arriving next week, but Pixelmator is launching it early. The Touch Bar keeps the most useful Pixelmator tools right at your fingertips for quicker editing and streamlined workflows. It automatically changes based on what you’re doing within the app, and it can be customized to suit your individual needs.
– Set the most useful tool options for your selected tool right in the Touch Bar.
– The Touch Bar is customizable, so you can choose exactly which tools you’d like to keep in it.
– Use the Touch Bar to change color, alignment, and other text properties.
– When previewing effects or adjustments, a Show Original button lets you take a peek at the original image.
– Use Rotate and Scale sliders to transform layers.
– And do a lot more!
Pixelmator also now includes a new content-aware Smart Refine feature that’s designed to make selecting content quicker and more accurate. Smart Refine is able to detect object edges in an image to automatically refine a selection outline. It naturally smooths the edges of a selection for easier blending, and there’s a new workflow for making quick edits to a selection through painting.